Alcohol & Substance Abuse

Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Education

Howl for Help

In cases of intoxication and/or alcohol poisoning, NC State’s primary concern is the health and safety of those involved. Students are strongly encouraged to call for medical assistance (911) for themselves or for a friend/acquaintance who is dangerously intoxicated. No student seeking medical treatment for an alcohol overdose will be charged with specific violations of the Code of Student Conduct related to the possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages. This also applies to students seeking help for the intoxicated student.

Recovery Resources

A list of organizations that offer both national and local substance abuse services.

Counseling Center Substance Abuse Assessment and Counseling

The Student Health Center provides a substance abuse specialist to assess students who suspect they may have problems and provides referrals to appropriate alcohol or drug treatment programs.